Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from Learn360 directly in their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Learn360 Canvas External App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between Learn360 and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas can embed Learn360 resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Learn360.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Learn360 video, audio and your own custom content resources directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the Learn360 Canvas Plugin
Once installed, Learn360 resources may be embedded using the Learn360 button found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this icon.
Click on the below button to launch the Learn360 application:
Once you click on this button, you will see the below embed content window. You should see the Learn360 search box as shown below.
Enter a keyword or phrase in the box and click Search. Your search results will resemble the below image.
The search results page offers several functions explained below:
- Tabs by Content Type
- Results and Metadata
- Thumbnail Image: Titles & Segments, Titles only, or Segments only.
- Name: Title or Segment name.
- Run Time: the length of the Title or Segment.
- Description: Text description of the Title or Segment.
- Copyright and Producer: for the Title or Segment.
- Embed and Preview
- Embed Options: Record URL, Small, Medium, Large.
- Preview: Displays the video in a player for preview.
Once you have chosen a media file to embed, click on the Embed button.
You will be returned to editor and your content will appear as a gray box. Click the Save button at the bottom to publish this resource. The embedded video should now be visible as the example shows below: